'Feeling Long Lakey' Polar Plunge
Long Lake, New York • December 28, 2019
FUNDS RAISED FOR St. Jude
Thanks for your interest in 'Feeling Long Lakey' Polar Plunge for St. Jude!
The Town of Long Lake and the Long Lake Fire Department join forces for a fundraiser to benefit St Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The mission of St Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion, or a family's ability to pay.
Plungers are required to raise a minimum of $25 to participate in the event. Registration will be at the Adirondack Hotel starting at 11am. The Long Lake Rescue Squad will provide medical checks. Prizes awarded for Best Team Theme, Best Individual Plunge, Best in Show, Most Funds Raised by a Team, and Most Funds Raised by an Individual.
Did you know:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food - because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90%, and they won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Participants must be 16 and over to participate. Plungers under 18 must have parental permission. More information at 518-624-3077 or mylonglake.com/polar-plunge.
Tools you'll get:
- personal and team fundraising website
- email templates to send to friends and family
- fundraising tips