I’ve signed up for the St. Jude Walk Run to End Childhood Cancer, and I need your help to reach my fundraising goal. I'm proud to say that I've been part of our MisFits4Life team for the last 7 years and am honored to be part of such a wonderful cause. Since we started, we've raised almost $200,000 for the families of St. Jude! We come back year after year because we want to help the families battling this disease and believe in hope for a cancer-free future. Please support me by making a donation or by joining my team - we would love to have you!
FYI, your donation is tax-deductible: tax ID number is 62-0646012
Why I support St. Jude:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- For the past seven years, 82 cents of every dollar received as gone to support the treatment, research, and future needs of St. Jude.
- It will cost approximately $1 billion to operate St. Jude this year and the majority of that must come from generous donors.
- Only 12 percent of the money to operate the hospital comes from insurance recoveries. This is vastly different than most other hospitals that can generate more than 90 percent of their revenues from insurance recoveries and other sources.
- St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancer from less than 20% when they first opened their doors to 80% today. St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.