Hi Friends and Family!
I’ve signed up for the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer, and I need your help to help me reach my fundraising goal. Please consider supporting me by making a donation or by joining my team!
So why did I sign up for this, you ask? (Or maybe you're not asking, but if you're still considering donating...here's why you should!) I signed up for a couple of reasons in particular.
- Firstly, I am passionate about fundraising – During my time at Indiana University I was heavily involved with the Indiana University Dance Marathon, in which I spent four years on committees to organize the event and personally raise thousands of dollars to support the kids at Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. There is nothing more important in this world than giving back and putting others first, especially those in need. I am committed to participating in service events and doing all I can to give back throughout the rest of my life.
- Secondly, as I continue with my interior design career, I am very interested in getting more involved in local organizations that are philanthropic while also networking with other designers in the industry here in Chicago – when I heard about Chicago Design Alliance, I immediately knew I wanted to become involved. Lucky for me, this was the next event on their calendar, so obviously I signed up as fast as I could. Chicago design alliance is a grassroots philanthropic group of individuals within the Chicago design community coming together to create awareness and raise money for charitable organizations.
"Sounds great Hannah, but why did Chicago Design Alliance decide on St. Jude Children's Hospital to fundraise for? Why this event?" Great questions, thank you for asking!
- The Chicago Design Alliance was inspired by a trip that Brizo took a group of Chicago designers on in June 2017, where they were able to tour St. Jude Children's hospital. They founded the Chicago Design Alliance with the mission of uniting our collective Chicago Design Community to raise funds and awareness for amazing charitable organizations. Since the idea was sparked by their emotional visit to St. Jude, it's natural that they started there. Their inaugural fundraising effort for the St Jude 5k Walk Run in Chicago resulted in almost $60,000 in fundraising and proved the Chicago Design Community can move mountains when we all band together. As we tackle 2019 the CDA is committed to raising awareness and funds for St. Jude for a second year with a goal of raising $100,000 for the September 5k Walk / Run.
Another few fun facts about St. Jude:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancer from less than 20% when they first opened their doors to 80% today. St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
I want to thank you for your support and I hope you will consider donating to help me and the Chicago Design Alliance reach our goal for this year's 5k Walk/Run in Chicago.
Click the "Donate Now" button above to donate!