Every year Illinois Wesleyan University's Athletics Department raises funds to support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's lifesaving mission of finding cures for children battling cancer and other life-threatening diseases, and we need your help to reach my fundraising goal.
How your donation helps:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Cancer doesn't care about where you grew up, what color your skin is, what your education or social status is.. Neither does St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. All children are treated with the same amount of amazing care! Doctors at St. Jude treat the children's disease as well as their mental health.
- St. Jude focuses on making sure a kid's childhood is not completely taken away due to a diagnoses.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. We won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Thank you for your support! Together we can help St. Jude change the world.