Welcome to Team Brooklyn's donation page! Together we are helping treat and cure childhood cancer.
To see Team Brooklyn in action, copy and paste this YouTube link into your browser: https://youtu.be/PWwxibM1YgU
Why donate to support childhood-cancer research?
Surprisingly, research and treatment for childhood cancer, like Brooklyn's, is vastly under-funded by the U.S. government. As a result, advancements depend almost entirely on donations.
For example, the latest data from the National Cancer Institute show that the government spent just 1.97% of its budget, or about $55 million, funding research on childhood leukemia. By contrast, that same year, IRS data show that St. Jude raised almost 20 times more than that, well over $1 billion, for childhood-cancer research.
So it means the world to the families of children with cancer when people like you donate to improve the odds for their kids to survive and live long, healthy, productive lives ever after.
How your donation helps
Thanks to donors like you, no family ever receives a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
Every dollar donated to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital counts! Here is some of what your donation could buy:
- $50 - Supplies for 10 Babies, including diapers, baby bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, footies and heel warmers
- $70 - Wagons to make traveling through the halls of St. Jude easier for parents and fun for a young child
- $75 - Parties to celebrate birthdays, holidays and "coming off chemo," including decorations, cakes and more to keep spirits high during the holidays and on special occasions
- $100 - Creative toys, because play is essential in every child's life, and it's important for the children to have fun as often as possible (at St. Jude, colorful, toy-filled play areas are just as plentiful as exam rooms)
- $210 - Delicious meals so that patients and families can enjoy the comfort and convenience of good, nutritious meals in the Kay Kafe, our cafeteria.
- $447 - One day of oxygen, because oxygen is key to keeping the immune system strong for fighting cancer at the cellular level
- $700 - Child-sized wheelchairs help children move easily through St. Jude
- $1,000 - Airfare for a parent and child referred to St. Jude (the hospital covers the cost of airfare for a child and one parent or guardian)