It's that time of year again for the annual St. Jude Memphis to Peoria Run. This will be Kevin's 29th year and he will be leaving on Tues. July 14th. He will start the trek from Memphis the next day, Wed. July 15th, arriving back in Peoria on Sat. night, July 18th, just in time to "Kick Off" the 43rd annual St. Jude Telethon @6:30 P.M.
St. Jude has made such great strides and they are truly now saving over 80% of the children with childhood cancer, but it's still the remaining 20% who concern us the most. To quote our favorite entertainer, Danny Thomas, "No Child Should Die In The Dawn Of Life!"
We cannot thank all of you enough. Kevin raised over $16,000 last year for this great cause and we owe it all to you, our great friends and family. This year is the 39th year for the Run and an all out effort is being made to raise a record amount for "The Kids of St. Jude". Every year at this time, we feel Dusty's presence so much stronger than at any other time. We are confident he is looking down with so much pride as he sees his Dad fulfilling on of his personal dreams. There are even several of Dusty's friends (former patients) who say they can feel him safely guiding them as they run therough the night. Also, he will get to see his baby sister, Jeri, running for her 13th year. God bless every one of you for helping to make this dream become the most rewarding experience of our lifetimes.
Thanks in advance for all you've done to make this journey so meaningful.