THANK YOU... for supporting St. Jude Children's Hospital and my journey to run my first-ever full 26-mile marathon Oct. 11 -- The Chicago Marathon. You'll be pleased to know:
(1) Together, we reached my fundraising goal for the kids at St. Jude Children's Hospital -- $5,000. Thank you!
(2) I AM going to run a marathon Oct. 11 -- whether Chicago runs the event this year or not. So I'm training with the mindset that it still will happen. Thank you for helping me lose a TON of weight since December and giving me a goal!
I was supposed to run the Colfax Half Marathon May 17 -- but with that cancelled I set up my own half marathon course (Thank you, Atticus, for being at mile 8 with a fuel-belt water refill!!) and ran 13.1 miles along the Platte River from Littleton to Mile High Stadium for my 14th Half Marathon.
...So we're more than half way through my 300 day journey to cross the finish line on race day. And with your donation we've already helped families win the greatest race of all -- surviving and beating childhood cancer.
Did you know:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food - because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
Click the "DONATE NOW" button above this note and donate today to help St. Jude help families everywhere in the fight against childhood cancer.