You can find information on who we are, how we picked the Chicago Marathon, why we chose to support St. Jude's and ways to help below.
If you don’t know us, we are Ashley and Taylor, two friends that both grew up in Rochester, NY. But didn’t meet until our freshman year of college, when we both joined the Women’s Soccer Team at Clarkson University. Now, Taylor lives in Maine and Ashley lives in Colorado. So although we won’t be close enough to train together like we used to, we are excited to take on 26.2 miles together!
The reason we picked the Chicago Marathon is because we wanted to have the excitement of the crowds cheering you on in a big city. This will be Taylor’s second marathon as she completed the NYC Marathon last year. Therefore, Chicago will be new terrain for Taylor. This will be Ashley’s first marathon and she has been to Chicago multiple times and loves the city.
We chose St. Jude Children’s Hospital because we both wanted to support healthcare and help people. St. Jude’s helps children with cancer or other life-threatening diseases. Specifically, we think that the research that is done at St. Jude’s does not limit the number of kids we can help to only St. Jude Children’s hospital. The run we are training for and the awareness we raise will:
1) Help ensure that families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
2) Continue to raise the childhood cancer survival rate. Because of donors like us, treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
3) Help other children around the world. St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
With all of that said, both of us have pledged to raise $1300 for the children of St. Jude Children's hospital by Sept. 6, 2020. This sets our team goal to $2600.
If you would like to help support our running or fundraising efforts, here are some ways to help:
1) Please consider donating any monetary amount to this fundraising page! This is the best way to support our fundraising goal and every little bit helps! Please remember that you can donate all the way up until Sept. 6, 2020.
2) Spread the word- feel free to share this web page with your friends and family.
3) Send words of encouragement, good songs to run to, etc. to Ashley and Taylor for moral support.
THANK YOU and we look forward to you Joining our team and helping us reach our fundraising goal for the kids and families at St. Jude!
Ashley & Taylor (AshTay)