I am a St. Jude Hero! I have chosen to run for a reason bigger than myself by fundraising for the kids and families at St. Jude. I am training to cross the finish line on race day and with your donation we can cross the fundraising finish line together because the money you donate helps find a cure for childhood cancer.
Did you know:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food - because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
I am also challenging myself in honor of two people that are very important to me:
- Wei Chen, who was my best friend of over 20 years. He passed away tragically in December 20, 2018 in an airplane accident. Wei raised over $250,000 in his "69 Day journey around the world in a single engine airplane". Wei was an ardent supporter for St. Jude.
- Autism Speaks in honor of my nine year old grandson, Dante. Dante suffers from Autism, but never lets that define him. He is a very brave, resilient, and hilarious little boy, who impresses me every single day.
Donate today to help me reach my goal. Even when the race is over, the fight to end childhood cancer continues.