8 Aug 19
Joe and Stephanie Bell here! It’s Aug 5, and We’ve recently been notified that Joe was selected and sponsored by St Jude Children’s Hospital to run in the iconic New York City Marathon on Nov 3, 2019. We want to thank them by using this opportunity to run this race and raise as much money as we can to help them fund the cancer research and treatments that have saved the lives of thousands of beautiful children. This is a charity that we have supported for years and we are hoping that you will consider joining us in this endeavor.
Here’s a few thing You may not have known:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food - because all a family should worry about in this fight is their child.
- On average, Insurance companies only cover about 25% of a child’s cancer treatment costs. At St Jude, generous donors like yourself cover the rest.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90%, and they won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- The NYC Marathon course is 26.2 miles long and will take Joe between 4 and 5 hours to complete, depending on traffic.
- He will log more than 465 miles and spend more than 80 hours running in the 18 training weeks leading up to the marathon.......and wear out a new pair of running shoes in the process. (Then, he may never run again! LOL!)
- He has already logged over 115 miles since he began training on the first of July.
If you’re considering making a donation to St Jude, please take the opportunity to join our team and do it here. Your contribution is fully tax deductible and every penny goes to St Jude. Thank you and may God bless you for your thoughtful consideration! Finally, we ask you to pray for the kids of St Jude and for us as we prepare for, and run our respective races. Again, Thank You!
Joe and Stephanie Bell