I have been a St. Jude patient for the past 6 years. Here is a brief history of my story:
• January, 2013 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor after experiencing focal seizures, which was effecting my every day life as a student and a captain of my middle school dance team.
• February 14, 2013 a few days after competing and winning first place at a National Dance Team Competition, I had my first 8 hour brain surgery. The same day, I got diagnosed with a highly aggressive brain cancer called Anaplastic Ependymoma grade 3.
• After surgery, I immediately became a patient at St.Jude. I received 33 rounds of focal brain radiation over the course of 3 months.
• July/August, 2015 I was re-diagnosed with a brain tumor. I underwent my second brain surgery, then received 33 rounds of full brain and full spine radiation.
• January 2017, I went for my routine Brain and spine scans. The MRI results showed 2 new lesions in my brain.
• Scientists have recently discovered 4 new types of aggressive brain cancer around the world. Unfortunately, I have one of those 4. My Cancer falls under the Neuroepithelial Brain cancer category. There is no treatment, cure, or trials for me to participate in right now.
• Currently have one tumor in my brain. My doctors at St.Jude are doing everything they can do to find a trial or treatment for me.
I go to St.Jude every 4 months for a set of Brain and Spine MRI’s and scans. Due to all of the above, I struggle with memory loss, weakness, migraines, seizures, nausea, and staying focused. Six years ago I was told that I would not be alive for high school graduation. Today, I am currently an upcoming junior at the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss). St. Jude has been the biggest blessing in my life and I participate in the marathon in honor of my friends at St.Jude who are currently fighting cancer, as well as my beautiful friends who unfortunatley have passed away.
Please donate to my page to help St. Jude achieve their mission of finding cures and saving children.
- Allie Allen
#myangels Trevor. Trey. Luis. Hannah. Kenlie. Chelsea. Price. Kadence. Markell. Arianna.