Due to your overwhelming generosity, we are increasing our goal.
When we launched the Running4 initiative in 2014, we set what we thought at the time was the audacious goal of raising $26,200 (or $1,000 for each mile of a marathon) for cancer charities before achieving our goal of running a marathon in all 50 states.
At the time, we had no plan other than to "just put it out there" and hope that people would respond.
And did you ever respond.
So as we stand here today having crossed 49 marathon finish lines, with our eyes toward #50 in New York City on November 3rd, we are pleased to share that over the course of the past 5 years YOU have blown away all of our expectations by so generously supporting the Kids of St. Jude’s to the tune of…
$185,685 SO FAR !!!
All of this has been accomplished without a single bake sale, raffle, or auction - just an abundance of love from many big-hearted people.
So we have set a new goal.
Given the extreme generosity that we have witnessed firsthand, we are going to continue to “just put it out there” with the confidence that YOU will help us reach our NEW goal of raising $262,000 (or $10,000 for every mile of a marathon) for The Kids of St. Jude’s.
What does this mean?
Well, it means that before the New York City Marathon we need to raise…
$76,315 MORE !!!
The race is on November 3rd.
We realize that this is an ambitious goal.
Can we do it?
Our bet is on YOU.
How can you help?
• Make your direct donation to St. Jude’s through this site – no amount is too small!
• Share this page with your friends and encourage them to match your donation – let’s make this thing go viral!
• See whether your employer would make a contribution – just get them in touch with us!
• Prefer to donate by check? Simply make it out to “St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital” and mail it to the following address:
Steve Sodergren | 2310 NE 35th St. | Topeka, KS 66617
About St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
• Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food - because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
• Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90%, and they won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
• St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
We thank you for your past support of our fundraising efforts, and are confident that you will help us reach our NEW goal, and more importantly support the Kids of St. Jude, by making a direct donation through this site.
Even when the race is over, the fight to end childhood cancer continues.