Thank you all so much for all your support! I am thrilled to have met my goal - but my teammates need your help! Anything you donate now helps our team. Their fundraising is behind - sick mother's, moving children, life has happened. Can you chip in to help? It's a wonderful cause! St. Jude's mission of curing childhood cancer hits close to home. My cancer didn't show up until I was over 50, but I know how tough that was. Facing childhood cancer is harder. Its also very expensive.View More
- The average St. Jude family spends $1,000 in airfare - your donations help cover this.
- It costs $700 to provide a child sized wheel chair. The average patient needs three years and over $400,000 of care. St. Jude provides that, and more, for free, to every patient and their family.
- No family is every asked for a deductible or co-pay and they are never turned away for lack of insurance. Think about that.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90%, and they won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.