In a regular year, we would be gearing up and counting down the final 30 days until race day. Unfortunately that isn't the case this year and although we're apart, here's something we can still accomplish together.
With close to 14,000 already registered, the St. Jude Memphis Marathon Weekend Virtual Experience presented by JuicePlus+ is rolling and raising much-needed funds for the kids of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
But we're not there yet! Help us get to 16,000 participants -- here's how:
- Register to join this team by November 18 and ask your friends and family to join us, too. Our goal is 50 members and $10,000 raised.
- Support our team. If you aren't able to run or walk on December 5, please consider making a donation to get us across the finish line.
- Spread the word about our Virtual Experience Toolkit (found on www.stjude.org/marathon). This year, everyone is making their own special event day plans so we've created downloadable items such as start/finish lines, cheer posters, and a finish line tape to make race day fun, memorable and safe.
Why we do this -- we can make a difference in the lives of kids with cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- At St. Jude, families never receive a bill for treatment, travel, housing or food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Because of donors like us, treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.