St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. What more is there to say? So many reasons I support St. Jude. Both my parents were diagnosed with cancer when I was a child, which is why I'm so passionate I'm St. Jude's sole mission of finding a cure for cancer.
I am currently lucky enough to sit on the Indianapolis St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. St. Jude continues to pop up everywhere in my life!
Why I support St. Jude:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancer from less than 20% when we first opened our doors to 80% today. St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- The hospital opened in 1962 by founder Danny Thomas. The hospital is based in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Cancer doesn't discriminate and neither does St. Jude. Danny's dream was to create a hospital that didn't discriminate on a family's ability to pay, religious beliefs, race, or ethnicity.
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) only had a 4% survival rate in 1962 when the hospital opened. It's over a 94% survival rate today because of St. Jude's leading research!
Help me reach my fundraising goal if $1500! Even $5 helps!