St. Jude is near and dear to my heart. I am passionate about finding a cure for cancer and I believe if we can find a cure for cancer in the puriest form, we can find a cure for all cancer.
When I was 8 years old, my mother was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer. At the time, I wasn't sure what that meant. She had only a 30% chance to live. It was scary to not know what was going to happen to our family. She went into remission about a year later. When I was 9 years old, we lost my father to lung cancer. This was quite scary as we had just got through the possibility of losing my mother to only turn around and lose my father. To lose a parent at age 9 to an ugly disease that you don't understand is something that unfortunately many families have to go through.
That's why it's important we find a cure so families are able to stay together and children are able to live. If we can find a cure for childhood cancer, I believe it will open the doors of finding a cure for all forms of cancer. St. Jude is leading the way in cancer research in more ways than one.
Here are a few more reasons why I choose to support St. Jude:
Why St. Jude?
- Thanks to our supporters, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything.
- St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancer from less than 20% when we first opened our doors to 80% today. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude has helped increase the overall surivival rate of ALL which was just 4% in 1961 when the hospital first opened, to over 94% today!
- It costs over 2.2 million dollars a day to run St. Jude and ovwe 80% of those costs are covered by public contribution.
- St. Jude never turns away a family for their inability to pay and does not discriminate because of a families religion or race.
Thank you for supporting not only me, but knows that 83 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to helping children receive treatment, housing, and research.
Thank you! Unite the Fight for St. Jude!