2018 marks the fourth year I've participated in the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer, and the second year I've volunteered on the event committee. Visiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is absolutely life changing, and when you speak to patients and their families, you truly understand how much of an impact your donations make.
Danny Thomas, founder of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, once said: "I'd rather have a million people give me a dollar than one give me a million. That way you've got a million people involved."
Please join me in my journey to help Danny Thomas's dream of letting no child die in the dawn of life come true.
Just a few reason why I support St. Jude...
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude has helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancer from less than 20% when we first opened our doors to 80% today. St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries we make, so one child saved at St. Jude means thousands more children saved around the world.
- Because the majority of funding comes from the public (75%), St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most - saving kids regardless of the financial situation.
- St. Jude believes survivorship begins the day of diagnosis. 1 in 680 adults between ages 20-50 are childhood cancer survivors, and St. Jude's unique LIFE study brings back long-term survivors for clinical follow-up throughout their adult lives.