St. Jude Up 'til Dawn at University of Memphis
March 22, 2019
FUNDS RAISED FOR St. Jude
Are you ready to stay up for good?
Every year, students on campuses nationwide stay up all night during St. Jude Up 'til Dawn events to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Register for our college campus fundraiser event today to join the lifesaving mission of St. Jude and help kids battling cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
Every Dollar Counts
Every dollar donated to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital counts! Take a look at some of the possibilities that your effort could provide to the kids and families of St. Jude:
- $36 - Help provide a St. Jude family with meals for one day in the Kay Cafe, the St. Jude cafeteria.
- $57 - Help provide necessities for parents who may have hurriedly left home after their child’s diagnosis.
- $100 - Help provide a platelet count test for two patients: Platelet counts are among the tests doctors use to monitor patient health during treatment.
- $250 - Help provide a meal card for a St. Jude family for one week: St. Jude provides patients and their families with meal cards for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Kay Cafe, the hospital’s cafeteria.
- $500 - Help provide one platelet transfusion: During chemotherapy, the platelet count of patients can drop to dangerously low levels so platelet transfusions are essential for treatment.
- $750 - Help cover the cost of five days of oxygen for a St. Jude patient. During treatment, St. Jude patients may need oxygen to help their bodies function properly and aid in healing.
- $1000 - Help cover about two-thirds of the cost of one day of chemotherapy; treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall survival rate for childhood cancers from 20 percent when the hospital opened in 1962 to more than 80 percent today.