State College at Farmingdale
June 30, 2018
FUNDS RAISED FOR St. Jude
More than 30 years ago, Tau Kappa Epsilon joined the fight against childhood cancer when Danny Thomas asked his fraternity help him with his cause. In 2011, TKE pledge to raise $1 million in five years towards the naming of an MRI suite in the Chili's Care Center on the St. Jude campus. TKE met this goal a whole year early. At the beginning of 2016, TKE pledged to raise $2.6 million towards the naming of the proton therapy synchrotron/particle accelerator in the Red Frog Proton Therapy Center. TKE's goal is to reach this commitment within six years.
Your support will help St. Jude Children's Research Hospital continue to lead the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The money raised by TKE Nation helps ensure families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
When you register, you'll get:
- personal and team fundraising pages
- email templates to send to friends and family
- fundraising tips and videos
What your support means:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.