Dear Friends and Family --
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page for St. Jude Heart of Fashion, taking place on March 14, 2018 at Saks Fifth Avenue, Chevy Chase.
I am honored to serve as this year's Co-Chair, alongside April Jones Firoozabadi. Since its inception, we have raised over $650,000 for St. Jude! The event features a full runway presentation and reception hosting 200+ of DC's most fashionable and philanthropic supporters. This year, we are excited to introduce a new aspect to The Heart of Fashion - personal fundraising pages like this one, which will allow each committee member the opportunity to fundraise prior to the main event!
My goal is to fundraise $3,000 pre-Heart of Fashion event, which can be done via your donation today by clicking on the red "Donate Now" box above this text field.
I first became involved with #StJudeHeartofFashion in 2011. I had just finished cancer treatment, and hearing the St. Jude patient stories made me want to do whatever I could to help. No parents should have to hear the news that childhood cancer has crept into their lives. No child should have to die in the prime of life, as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital founder Danny Thomas said.
I'm a numbers person, and I care about supporting organizations with diligent giving records. To highlight but a few points about St. Jude:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Since it opened, treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80%. For children diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), the survival rate has gone from 4% to 94%!
- St. Jude treats children from all 50 states and worldwide, seeing approximately 8,500 patients each year.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Wherever you live, your area pediatric oncologists and children's hospitals are benefiting from St. Jude's discoveries.
- With a daily operating cost of $2.4 million and 92% of funding coming from generous individual donors like you, your support truly makes a difference. Charity Navigator and Guidestar regard St. Jude as a highly-trusted charity.
This is where your help comes in. Whether it's $10, $50, $100 or $500, every dollar counts! Thank you so much in advance for your support and I hope to see you at The Heart of Fashion in March. It's going to be a truly special evening. You can purchase your Heart of Fashion ticket(s) and/or become a sponsor by visiting: http://www.stjude.org/heartoffashion.
Thank you for your support! Together we can help St. Jude change the world.