The Holiday season is racing quickly towards us. This is a special time of the year which we look beyond our own needs and reach out to help those who can’t help themselves. I would like for you to consider joining my efforts and the efforts of the team which I am participating with to raise over $20k for the children/families which St. Jude helps daily.
I'm choosing to run the St. Jude Half 1/2 Marathon on Dec 2, 2017 in Memphis, TN for more than myself. I'm using my running to help save kids' lives by fundraising for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. I'm running for kids who might be too sick to run today, but who could one day be running alongside me because the money I raised helped find a cure for childhood cancer.
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
DONATIONS MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Here are some things to know about where your donation will be used:
- Infant care supplies for 10 Babies - $50
- Wagon which transport children throughout the facility - $70
- Parties to celebrate birthdays and “coming off chemo” - $75
-Creative Toys - $100
-Meals - $210 (meal card for pts and families)
**One Day of OXYGEN - $447 (O2 keeps the immune system strong - the gift of OXYGEN help fight cancer at the cellular level within a child)
-Child-sized Wheelchairs - $700
-Airfare for Parent and child - $1000 (when a child is referred to St Jude, the hospital covers the cost of one parent/guardian and the child)
Plus many more expenses involved in the cancer treatment that range from $500 to $110,428 - from physical therapy, chest x-rays, blood transfusions, labs, CT scans, major surgeries, and radiotherapy.
For more information please visit : stjudeheroes.org
Please donate no later than Dec 31, 2017 and help me reach my personal goal of $2500/team goal of 20k! 100% of all donations received through this link go directly to St. Jude account to helping save the lives of children!!
Many sincerest thanks,