This January I'll be running the Dopey Challenge. I'm choosing to run for more than myself. I'm using my running to help save kids' lives by fundraising for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as I train. I'm running for kids who might be too sick to run today, but who could one day be running alongside me because the money I raised helped find a cure for childhood cancer.
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food -- because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20% to more than 80% since it opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won't stop until no child dies from cancer.
Please donate and help me reach my goal!
Feel free to issue you me a training challenge, or dress me for one of the races.
To dress me for one of the races, add a message with your donation letting me know which race you want to dress me. Rules for dressing me:
- It needs to be appropriate
- It can't interfere with me finishing the race, and
- You need to buy the outfit
So far, I've done 28 training runs, ran over 145 total miles, and my last 1/2 marathon split was good enough for race day and beat my 38 yr old self by 4 minutes